April 10, 2021 – To all Georgetown Racquet Club members, the following is the club’s position on participation in tennis or pickleball during the current government orders. After consultation with a variety of agencies including the Municipality of Halton Hills, the Halton Region Public Health, Ontario Tennis Association and Pickleball Ontario the club’s direction is as follows.
- COVID-19 province-wide declaration of emergency and stay-at-home-order: Outdoor exercise is permitted. Tennis and Pickleball courts are open and available to members.
- Members must have completed the Outdoor Informed Consent document
- Social distancing measures (2 meters or 6ft apart) MUST be maintained.
- Singles play is strongly recommended.
- It is STRONGLY recommended that Doubles only be participated with those in your household (i.e., the Jackson’s could play as a pair against the Mumford’s however they cannot create partners within the two families). If you choose to participate with others not in your household, you are acknowledging the risk associated and are assuming full responsibility for your actions.
- Do not gather in the common area and leave the court immediately after play is concluded.
All GRC organized play is put on hiatus until the Stay-at-Home Orders are lifted. If you wish to play pickleball please book the court out as you would if playing tennis.
If you have question, comments or suggestions please forward to me (firstname.lastname@example.org). The board recognizes that the situation is frustrating for many however we are trying to ensure the safety of everyone during the fluidity of the pandemic. Your patience, cooperation and adherence to the process is greatly appreciated.
On behalf of the Georgetown Racquet Club board, thank you.
Peter Mumford, Club President
As many of you already know, the province issued new restrictions due to the increasing rise in COVID-19 numbers. The Stay At Home Orders came into affect today, Thursday April 8th, at 12:01 am. What does this mean for the club and the amenities we offer – all activites taking place inside continue to be closed (as per last week’s Emergency Brake Order) however, all of our outdoor activities (Tennis and Pickleball) may still continue, subject to the limitations described above.
As a squash, tennis, pickleball, fitness and recreational facility The Georgetown Racquet Club is complying with all related safety and precautionary guidelines Unfortunately for these reasons, the club is not accepting new memberships at this time. However, we are continuously monitoring the situation and we are anxious to welcome new members as soon as conditions and guidelines permit.
If you want to be alerted as soon as the club begins accepting new members, please send us an email at email@example.com and someone will get back to you promptly. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
Squash, Tennis, Pickle Ball, Yoga & Fitness
The Georgetown Racquet Club is a family oriented volunteer-run squash, tennis, pickle ball and fitness club located in Georgetown, Halton Hills, Ontario.
Our enthusiastic membership organizes Box Ladders, a House League, Round Robins, Junior Days, Ladies Nights, Tournaments, Exhibition Matches, and Inter-club Teams.
New members are always welcome. (Subject to current Covid-19 staus.) To join the club or arrange a tour of our facilities, email the club manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
See videos of recent games and other squash news on our Facebook page.